We are a people in a hurry:
The problem with pace is that we easily:
- Miss precious God Moments
- Take grace for granted
- Forget the importance of labour and hardwork
- Abandon our place of purpose and assignment (when pace is not needed)
- Lose sight of the people that matter most to us
Don’t get me wrong; not all pace is bad. In fact, pace is necessary in life sometimes. But we must not run the risk of running ahead of God or running without Him.
- In prayer – wait on the Lord for direction.
- In learning – knowledge is a process, a marathon and not a sprint. It often takes time. Read another book, find a mentor, broaded your horizon.
- In purpose – don’t give up on your purpose. Publish that blog post, take up the invitation to speak at that conference, lead that study group, write that book that you’ve delayed for so long, share that story that the world needs to hear.
- In faith – hold on, be strong and don’t abandon your dreams.
Today, I challenge you to linger… and experience what you’ve been missing so much in your life: precious GOD MOMENTS!
Are you finding it difficult to linger and wait on God for a specific need? We can pray together for grace if you share in the comment box below…