I’m finally running again, after a long break due to health issues. Thanking God for second chances, health, and energy to hit my feet to the pavement, or treadmill again. Thanking Shakeology, too.
Running is good for you on so many levels. Whether just to get out in the sunshine, or to pump some blood to your heart.
I run in the mornings. I know if I don’t then it will never happen. It may be different for you, but I recommend hitting the gym before the rest of you day starts. That way there are no excuses why you can’t make it later.
I mentioned, running, but notice I talk about jogging as well. You don’t have to run a marathon, just get your feet moving.
Here are six reasons to take that morning jog:
1. Cardiovascular Toning: There are more pro’s to jogging than simply burning fat. It does wonders for your heart. If you turn it into a habit at least 3x/week, your risk of heart disease is lowered significantly, and it increases your longevity.
2. Breathing: Jogging is the perfect activity to get your lungs in tip-top shape. It’s a breathing-intense activity made for everyone, athlete or not.
3. It’s Cost-Efficient: Though I do a lot of running on the treadmill at the gym, just because I like it better, you don’t have to have a membership to start jogging. Load up the iPod and head outside. It’s free.
4. Fresh Air: On the days I want a change of pace or scenery, I enjoy jogging outside. The air is fresh, and if it’s cooler, it actually helps to alleviate pain. I hear the air does wonders on your skin, too.
5. Great Body: I’m not trying to be the next great bodybuilder, but perhaps you are. Regardless, jogging helps you tone and get fit. For all my single friends, you never know who you’ll meet on a morning jog. Get out of the way – he’s mine!
6. Easily Accomplished: When you’re first getting started, running may seem impossible. But just like with anything, when you keep doing it, it gets easier. You just have to have the right mindset. I load up the iPod and always stick a towel over the screen. I know it takes about 9-10 songs to hit my goal. Instead of staring at the screen wondering when I’ll hit 3 miles, I just get in the groove of the music until I’m done. It goes by much faster than you think.
Following these six steps will get you on the right path to a healthier you in no time. Don’t give up. Keep going. Just take the next right step, even when your legs tell you not to.
The rewards will be worth it?
Can you think of other advantages to jogging? Comment below…