I’m not your average, ordinary, everyday girl. I like fishing, camping, wearing ball caps, and another unkown fact about me: I used to skin deer AND loved it. I do like to do girly things too though.
I have a love/hate relationship with romantic movies. I hate to love them. I get excited to sit down and watch and by the end of the movie I often times find myself wishing I would have spent the last two hours of my life doing something else.
Here are eight reasons I hate romantic movies:
- They Make Me Cry – Yes, I usually end up tearing up, whether it’s a a bad ending, or a fairytale ending. It’s like my tear ducts get so excited they can’t control themselves. I end up hiding my face in the pillow to keep others from seeing, but it usually doesn’t work.
- I End Up Desiring A Relationship – Just when I think I’m fine and can live without love in my life because I’m independent and do just fine on my own, I end up daydreaming about my prince charming showing up to rescue me.
- Because I End Up Daydreaming, Reality Sets In – I then have to admit to myself that being a tough, independent woman isn’t all it’s cracked up to be and that it would be a great thing to have someone else around. I have to get vulnearable. Blagghh..
- I Remember I’m The Third Wheel – The majority of my friends are married. Sometimes it’s hard not to feel left out.
- I Realize I’m Still Single – A reminder sets in that I’m 28 years old and still single. Then I start to ask myself, What’s wrong with me?
- I Rejoice That I’m Still Single – I still don’t have to answer to anyone and I can celebrate.
- Back To #3
- I End Up Watching Another One – I end up forgetting why I hate romantic movies and catch myself watching another one, thus beginning the circle again.
Who’s up for Rambo?
Question: If you’re single, do you ever feel like this? If you’re married, what advice do you have for us singles? You can leave a comment by clicking here.