I was reading in Colossians the other morning and I came across verses 9-12 in chapter one. I began reading it out loud as a prayer for myself.
Then the thought came to me: What if I started praying this prayer for others?
Sometimes I find myself wondering how to pray for other people, such as leaders, missionaries, acquaintances at church, and others. I often see people walking along side of the road and I pray a quick prayer of blessing over them. My prayers are often quick and general because I’m not sure what to pray.
Paul himself had never met the Colossians, but that didn’t keep him from praying for them.
Do you find yourself in the same situation as me? Let’s vamp up our prayer lives.
Here are 10 ways to pray for those we don’t know:
- Be filled with knowledge of His will
- Have spiritual wisdom and understanding
- They lead a life worthy of the Lord and please Him in every way.
- They bear fruit in every good work
- Grow in the knowledge of God
- Be filled with His strength
- Stay full of Christ’s joy
- Always giving thanks to the Father