For a while, I’ve been talking excitedly about the release of my first published book. Great things have happened since I started calling myself a writer. Because of the support of so many of you, my readers, this is actually happening! Well, here’s what you’ve been waiting for…
Almost a year ago I signed a contract with the publisher. I actually drove to Oklahoma and signed the contract instead of doing it via mail. Now we’re about two months from the release of my first print book, Dear Dad. (I’ll be sharing more about this later. For now, hold off on buying it; I’ll make it worth your while — promise.)
A lot of work goes into successfully launching a trade book, and frankly, I can’t do it alone. I have too many ideas, and I need your help implementing them.
I need a team of insiders. This group is going to be special. I’m personally going to pour everything I have into this group, enabling them to spread the message of Dear Dad. We’re going to have a blast, as we experiement with some innovative book promotion ideas.
If you ever plan on doing something like this yourself some day, the experience will be invaluable. Plus, it’s going to be a lot of fun.
What you get
If you sign up to join the Dear Dad Insiders (and get accepted), here’s what you’ll get for your time:
- An advanced electronic copy (PDF) of the typeset manuscript that you can read a month before anyone else will get a copy.
- Exclusive access to a private Facebook group, where we’ll share promotion ideas and you’ll have direct contact with me.
- The opportunity to interact with other launch team members and see the behind-the-scenes of a book launch.
- A special mention on my blog with a link to your website.
- A bunch of other freebies I can’t talk about yet (seriously cool stuff).
What I’m asking from you
If you’re picked to be a part of this team, I ask that you agree to:
- Read and review the book online (e.g. Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and/or your blog).
- Spread the word any way you can during the week of it’s release (Date still pending).
- Interact with the rest of the launch team and participate in the community to help come up with promotion ideas (we’re open to experimenting).
I’m going to be “all in” for this, so I ask that you take it seriously. Please don’t apply if you don’t have the time or energy to dedicate to helping get the word out.
Because of how personally invested I’m going to be in this project, we need to keep the group to a manageable size. Therefore, we won’t be accepting everyone who applies. Applications close February 23, 2013.
We’ll be emailing individuals to let you know if you made the team. If you don’t hear from us in a week, you can assume you didn’t make it. Don’t worry; there will be other opportunities to get involved in the launch.
Thoughts on this idea? Recommendations? Leave a comment below…